In this episode, Chris and Bob were joined by Matt Pfisterer, the Director of the Middletown Thrall Library in Middletown, New York which is in the heart of the beautiful Catskill Mountains. Matt, originally from Long Island, spoke about transplanting to Middletown, briefly compared the various consortiums around New York State and talked about how important it is to continually lobby and meet with our representatives in New York State government to guarantee another year of state financial support. Matt also spoke about the Lifesaving Librarians Act that Representative Sean Patrick Moloney sponsored in Congress, which would provide naloxone, commonly known as Narcan along with training to libraries free of charge. With the opioid crisis, libraries are on the front lines and should be armed with this life saving medication. Matt’s library was featured in the New York Times talking about the Lifesaving Librarians Act, shedding light on the crisis and what libraries can do to help.
- SPECIAL EPISODE: COVID III How We Reopen after the Pandemic
- Episode 77 Maria Dismondy – Cardinal Rule Press
- SPECIAL EPISODE Scott Jarzombek – Executive Director Albany Public Library – How Libraries Open During COVID-19
- Episode 76 – The Longwood Public Library Equipment & Gadgets Lending
- Episode 75 – Middle Country Library Podcast