Sari Feldman, former President of the Public Library Association (2009-2010), American Library Association President (2015-2016), frequent writer and contributor to Publisher’s Weekly and Executive Director of the Cuyahoga County Public Library in Ohio joined Chris and Bob via Zoom to discuss her article in Publisher’s Weekly entitled Public Libraries After the Pandemic. We talk about the challenges facing library service while staff is working from home, the lack of broadband service in both rural and urban communities, establishing meaningful relationships with patrons that will draw the faithful back to our buildings and the challenges of technology for the patrons and staff while in lockdown. She was a great guest and had great insight not only into libraries during COVID-19 but also regarding building and holding onto relationships with those we serve.
- Episode 84 – Kate Chambers Distributing Books in Zimbabwe with WhatsApp
- Episode 83 – Jane Cowell – Reaching People During Covid a Model that Continues
- Episode 82 Ian Anstice – Public Library News UK
- Episode 81 Susan Banks Director, Pennsylvania Bureau of Library Development
- Special Episode: Long Island Library Resources Council Conference 2020