While Bob was handling an IT emergency, Chris had a great conversation with Carlos Galeana. If you are a frequent listener to the podcast, then you may remember Carlos from his appearance in Episode 45 discussing his Mover and Shaker election and all things he is doing in his previous position at the Multnomah Library in Oregon. Carlos is now out on his own in Washington State and is an independent programmer for libraries regarding technology. Carlos spoke about the need in the times of COVID about not only training patrons/customers in tech, but also being mindful of their digital well-being. Whether that is managing notifications and alerts, to helping with the crush of emails to just learning to just put the device down, Carlos discusses these strategies along with the virtual environment, marketing a new business in tech training and he introduces the concept of when you say “yes” to something, you are saying “no” to something else.
- Episode 88 – Elisa Lee and Unstacked
- Episode 87 Carlos Galeana Digital Well-Being in Patron Trainings
- Special Episode: “Diversify is Fly” NYLA Developing Leaders Program on the Diversification of the Library
- Episode 86 Matt Pascoe – Ipswich City Council
- Episode 85 – Dr. Eric Cole & Simple Cyber Security