In this second part of the podcast from the LILRC Conference on Libraries and the Future, the guys speak with Dr. Brandy McNeil, Director of Digital Literacy at the New York Public Library and a Library Journal “Mover and Shaker” class of 2017. Brandy talked about some of the innovative things she has brought to the library by way of partnerships with Google and Apple, but she also talks about the purposeful way the programs that grew from those collaborations were implemented. There is also a great discussion regarding how we can all help under-represented people and cultures within our communities and reach their needs. Its a re-thinking of library service! As much as we took to the future, we can also get back to basics and look at the people who serve alongside us.
- Episode 106 Aaron Whitfield
- Episode 105 David Ecker Technology for Libraries
- Episode 104 Dr. Temara Hajjat from the Bowel Sounds Podcast!
- Episode 103 East End Tech Committee
- Special Episode Connecticut Library Association Part 2 – Alice Knapp, Scott Jarzombek, Kate Byroade and Scott Brill – Mental Health and Well-being