Joining the fellas this time ’round is Anna Raunik, Executive Director, Content and Client Services at State Library Queensland, Australia. Anna joined the pod to talk about ANZAC Stories. For those of you that are not familiar, ANZAC Day commemorates the landing of Australian, New Zealand and other commonwealth troops on the Gallipoli Peninsula on April 25, 1915. For our U.S. friends, it is similar to Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day. Anna talks about taking these oral histories and integrating them with Alexa, Google Home and other voice operated devices with the help of Alkira. Chris and Bob, both history nerds, loved hearing the stories and compared this project to a documentary They Shall Not Grow Old.
- Episode 97 – Philip Shackelford – Modern Scholar Podcast
- Episode 96 Anna Raunik & ANZAC Stories
- Episode 95 – Mike Rossetti from MYLIBRO Reaching New Adults
- Episode 94 Thomas Shaw and his Manifesto for Librarians
- Episode 93 – The Palace Project/LYRASIS: A transformational, library-centered platform for digital content and services