In this 2 part episode, Chris and Bob travel to Groton Connecticut at the invitation of the Connecticut Library Association to speak during their conference lunch period about mental health and wellbeing in the library profession. The fellas were joined by Doug Lord, Director of the C. H. Booth Public Library in Newtown, Connecticut and President of the Association. Topics range from work/life balance, how the profession cares too much, how libraries are part of the hospitality industry and how its ok to take a mental health day. Doug also explores how to send a positive email to staff, dealing with the stress of difficult patrons and how to have the right attitude in the field to be a good librarian.
- Episode 106 Aaron Whitfield
- Episode 105 David Ecker Technology for Libraries
- Episode 104 Dr. Temara Hajjat from the Bowel Sounds Podcast!
- Episode 103 East End Tech Committee
- Special Episode Connecticut Library Association Part 2 – Alice Knapp, Scott Jarzombek, Kate Byroade and Scott Brill – Mental Health and Well-being